Recipe adapted from Momofuku Milk Bar
• 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoons golden syrup (can also use lite corn syrup)
• 2 large eggs, at room temperature
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon oat flour
• 1 cup + 1 tablespoon sweet rice flour
• 3 tablespoons arrowroot flour
• ¼ cup non-fat dry milk powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt (if using regular table salt – cut back to 1 teaspoon)
• ½ cup sprinkles
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the oat flour, sweet rice flour, arrowroot flour, milk powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, place the butter, sugar, and golden syrup. Beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 3 – 5 minutes). Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat on medium speed until the eggs are well incorporated and the batter looks light and fluffy again. This can take anywhere from 6 – 10 minutes. Be sure the scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary during this process to make sure everything gets incorporated properly.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until everything comes together in a thick dough (about 30 seconds – 1 minute). Then add in the sprinkles and mix for another 30 seconds or until the sprinkles are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Take roughly 2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball. Place on your prepared baking sheet and then continue this process with the rest of the dough.
Bake the cookies for 8 – 10 minutes or until they are a very light golden brown in color and the edges look set. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Keywords: gluten-free, cookies